Axe is an age-old tool used until the beginning of the 19th century. It has always been proven one of the best tools for cutting and chopping firewood and logs. It has multipurpose usage.
Nowadays, most ranchers work with the latest technology tools. Though axe is an ancient tool, it does not affect its appeal. It can easily challenge today's chainsaws and other tools.
In this article, you'll get to know about various throwing axes with all the pros and cons. If you think of purchasing a new one, then read the article top to bottom for a better guideline.
A Comparison of our Favorite Choices
View Top 8 Throwing Axes Analysis, Below
1. Throwing Axe from Thrower Supply
- Dimensions: 19x1.5x6.5 inches;
- Shipping weight: 1.6 pounds;
- Premier quality metal;
- 19 inches long hatchet;
- A grade American hickory hardwood handle;
- Blade edges: 3.75 inches;
- Friction fit system;
- Spare handles can be added.
Throwing Axe is an unbeatable control, and an expert blacksmith makes long-lasting, durable axes. Then the blade is attached with an American hickory wooded sturdy handle.
It is a very less weight axe with a perfect blade edge. The use of a friction fit system to fix the axe head and handle safely. This means the axe head may fasten from the handle. It can reinstall easily following instructions.
While using this axe, proper precaution should be maintained to avoid mild to severe injury.
- Well-balanced axe;
- More Precise;
- Highly Durable;
- Quality ensured;
- The segregation of head is possible from the handle when required;
- No assembly needed.
- Spare handles required to add if you need.
2. GEDORE OX 18 H-1206 Throwing Axe
- Brand name: Gedore;
- Weight: 0.10 ounces;
- The axe head is nicely forged;
- High-quality strong hickory handle;
- Special wood treatment;
- 3x wedging of the handle used;
- Premium quality leather blade protection;
- Weight of head: 1200g or 2.6 pounds;
- The length of Blade: 150 mm or 5.9 inches;
- The length of handle: 750 mm or 29.5 inches;
- Axe weight: 2000 g or 4.4 pounds;
- Dimension of axe: 10.6 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches.
It is a good balance axe and exactly made for attending in a competition. The head is forged and perfectly polished for better performance. Stainless steel is used for a good quality axe.
A quality-full hickory handle is attached with the head, making them the more durable axe. The 3x wedging form provides a long-lasting handle to ensure the security of use.
A perfect leather sheath for the heavy sharpened blade is used. It makes it easier and safer to carry off an axe. A special wood treatment provides a good looking axe.
- Perfectly balanced;
- Designed for demands;
- Easy for use;
- Very attractive appearance;
- Safe for use;
- Blade protection is used.
- Little expensive.
3. SOG Tomahawk Pack of 3 Throwing Axe Set
- Manufacturer: SOG;
- Item weight: 1.8 pounds;
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.65 x 10.75 inches;
- Size: 9 x 1.5 x 12.5 inches;
- Synthetic material is used;
- Power source: Both AC and DC;
- 2 inches long blade;
- The Blade edge is straight;
- 1.75-inch complete tang tactical hatchet blade;
- 10.75 inch total tank construction.
The tomahawk axe is different from flimsy axes, but it is built as a sharp, long-lasting, and outdoor axe set. The axe is designed by making it well balanced for freshers with a comfortable grip. This 8.4 oz. throwing axes have detachable handles with cord wrapping for a suitable grip.
Ballistic nylon is used for 3-pocket throwing hatchet sheath to secure each tomahawk throwing axe placed within the sheath with Velcro straps.
- Not dangerous like flimsy axes;
- Long-lasting axe;
- Very Sharp;
- Perfectly balanced;
- Easy for beginners;
- Superior grip;
- Don't need batteries;
- Convenient sheath;
- More Secured;
- Easy to replace and repair.
- Warranty for limited time.
4. Smith & Wesson 8in Throwing Knives and 10in Axes Combo
- It is set of 3 stainless steel axe;
- 10 inch (25.4 cm) is the overall length of the axe;
- Individual and combined weight is 0.5 pounds and 2 pounds;
- Knives length is 8 inches (20.3 cm) length;
- Singled weight is 4.1 ounces, and the total weight is 12.3.
- The axe has three sharpened edges;
- Sheath material is nylon;
- Power source: Both AC and DC;
- A complete tang Stainless Steel designed blade;
- Dimension of axe: 1 x 2.2 x 1 inches;
- Total weight: 2.2 pounds.
It is a well-balanced design axe and knives combo set and the axes featuring three sharpened edges for flat throwing. It is a perfect throwing axe for both beginners and skilled persons.
They are built as lightweight and convenient to carry. A nylon sheath is used for security and a good arrangement of knives and axes, while storage and transportation are required.
It is often used for the opening of a bottle during an event.
- Super performance;
- Great quality;
- Ideal combo set;
- Simple for amateurs;
- Secure for use and to carry;
- Durable designed.
- Lifetime warranty is within limit.
5. SZCO Throwing Tomahawk Axe
- Manufacturer: SZCO supplies;
- 12.5 Inches is the overall length;
- Carbon containing steel blade;
- The wood used handle;
- Total weight: 1 pound.
The SZCO supplies throwing will be a perfect option to win the competition. It is designed as a very light, sharp, and super throwing axe. The head consists of high carbon-containing steel for making a more durable and high performing axe. This head is hand forged by a skilled blacksmith.
Wood made handle provides a long grip for easy and fast throwing. The handle is suitable to hold for all.
- Little weight;
- Fast throwing;
- Great quality;
- Easy to use;
- Sharpened blade.
- Not suitable for heavy work.
6. MTECH 8.75" Tomahawk Tactical Throwing Axe
- The 8.75" inches size of the axe;
- Dimension of head: 8.75 x 7 x 1 inches;
- 3.5m Black Stainless Steel Blade;
- Cord Wrapped Handle;
- Weight: 3.53 Ounces;
- A black nylon belt sheath protecting cover.
The axe is super flexible for new users. It is built of stainless steel full of tang. To ease the use of this axe, the long handle is made by using forged in 440 stainless steel. This handle is the perfect size for a comfortable grip.
This sharp axe is an ideal throwing axe, a well-balanced tool, and has a great ability to penetrate the target. The nylon made sheath facilitates safe and easy transportation. This nylon cover gives the durability of throwing axes.
- High throwing ability;
- Not overweight;
- Super sharpened;
- Ideal for beginners;
- Secure for users;
- Long-lasting axe.
- A wooden handle may crack;
7. Estwing Special Edition Fireside Friend Axe
- Weight: 7 ounces;
- Dimensions: 14.25 x 5.83 x 1.5 inches;
- Style: Wood Splitting Maul;
- Material: Forged Steel;
- Handle type: Genuine Leather Grip;
- Ballistic nylon made sheath.
These are 14.25" long, and Wood Splitting Mauls are made to work fast and smooth. It has a razor-sharpened blade.
The axe is super lightweight, but the hatchet is an excellent save tool. The axe has a non-reflective matte black finish color blade polish for more durability.
It has a tempered 2-3/8" leading edge for precise cutting—a requirement for all campers and outdoorsmen alike. Estwing Axes are proudly forged within the USA using the best American steel.
For secure storage and carry a ballistic nylon sheath is used.
- Sharpened blade;
- Highly durable;
- Wood chopping axe;
- Super camping axe;
- Great survival tool;
- Excellent outdoor tool;
- Can be slung from belt easily;
- No noticeable cons.
8. 10" Tactical Survival Combat Throwing Axe
- 3" Cutting Blade;
- 440 Stainless Steel Blade
- Paracord Wrapped Handle
- Nylon Sheath with Belt Loop
- Dimensions of axe: 4.75" X 2.5" inches
- 10" inches long axe;
Tactical survival axes are versatile tools that are used for multiple outdoor tasks. It is the best tool used as a self-defense and also for house chores. A sharpened stainless steel blade is used for making a high-quality throwing axe.
The ergonomic handle uses more carbon contained steel with a paracord wrap. This wrapped handle provides a long grip for extra comfort and handling.
This axe provides a perfect center of balance for increased swing and good working condition.
It can be considered as a pocket knife and ideal for chopping wood and an enjoyable adventure.
- Very less weight;
- Perfect for both inside and outside purposes;
- Good self-defense;
- More Durable;
- Comfortable in carrying.
- Not like a traditional axe.
Things You Should Consider Before Purchasing.
Usually, throwing axes have a lot of uses. You have to decide how you are going to use it. Mountaineers, adventurers, trackers, everyone should have at least one throwing axe. Even it is used in military-related service. So, it is your decision how you are going to work with it.
It can be a single head, double head, or spiked head. There are a few other types. There can be large cutting tools on one side and the precision tool for the other.
A single head tool can have all the power together. Whereas, double-head tomahawks have some spikes on it. Two blades have double the chance for throwing content.
See also: 7 Best Backpacking Hatchets You Can Buy
A longer cutting edge has a larger and heavier axe head. It will make splitting wood and chopping wood easier. It can be a better option than a large big-fat axe.
Narrower cutting edges can piece deeper with each strike and less resistance.
Manufacturers are continuously trying to make a lighter handle. A handle should be somewhat about 20 to 50 cm. A smaller handle leads to more effective usage.
What is the Trick to Axe Throwing?
Firstly, visualize your target. When it passes your legs, bring it up quickly. When the axe is on the up, Release the axe.
See more: 8 Best Throwing Tomahawks Analysis
How Long Should A Throwing Axe Be?
It may have a wooden handle, weighs 1.5 pounds, and measures 14 inches. Usually, it starts from an average distance.
Is Axe Throwing A Good Exercise?
It is actually great exercise. Axe-throwing builds up your shoulder, muscle, and core. You are also working on hamstrings and calving as well.
Throwing axes to some extent is not that modern, but it has been proven as an essential effective way for chopping and splitting.
It is a source of good exercise as well. So read the article, rush to the shop, grab your throwing axe, and use it the way you like.
Last Updated on January 1, 2021 by John Dylan
Was this article helpful?
I am John Dylan. I have a clear experience about different types of tools since my childhood. I start my career as a handyman then I also work as a plumber, electricians. At one point I noticed that people struggle to find quality tools.
So I started to research and explore different tools. I try to present a proper information about any tools I use. Hope my attempt help you!